One of our favourite parts of Christmas is gathering around the table with friends and family. It’s a place where we can leave all the weight of the year behind and soak in the joy of good conversation and laughter.
Find the fun in styling your table by looking for trinkets around your home and forage in the garden (or your neighbours) for natural touches to create something simple and honest.
- Mix & match cutlery, plates and glassware – ask your guests to bring their faves. You may also like to check your Mum or Grandma’s cupboards for something different. I found the above glassware in my Nan’s cupboard & love to style them with white table linens.
- Add florals or touches of greenery from the backyard. Herbs create a sweet & fragrant touch by adding them along the table, in a vase or tucked into your napkins.
- Save fallen pine cones, gumnuts or dried orange slices to scatter on your table, Christmas tree or to string together a garland.
- Place a Christmas tree decoration on each napkin or wrap a warm bread roll (as shown below).
Check Tablecloth, Natural Linen Napkin, Wooden Star
- Try your tablecloth on the diagonal to get more coverage or layer different pieces of fabric. One tip my Nan left with me, was to use plain white bedsheets underneath to fill in the gaps.
For recipes featured, Jo Kate Nutrition